Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eggs under The Sun Light

It was very enjoyable painting the Eggs under The Sun Light. The process was simple but I had to be very careful while working. The first thing I drew was the gray horizontal line to separate one area from the other, then I proceeded to paint the dish, the eggs, the flowers and the "pot of coffee".
I mixed white with a small amount of black to create a light gray color to paint the dish, the eggs and the table where the objects are placed. Then I used black  to paint the shadows behind  each object. I painted in white the right side of each item to indicate where the light was coming from and finally I painted in black the background.
It was a real challenge to paint a contemporary picture without using primary or secondary colors but black and white. I had to figure out where I had to paint with lighter or darker colors to make the painting as real as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment